Updated on September 17, 2014
The Donor Relations Officer is primarily responsible for ensuring quality and timely processing of gifts and managing the Raiser's Edge database. This opportunity is a part-time role working out of our office in Fairfax, Virginia.
Responsibilities and Major Duties
Ensure quality and timely processing of gifts
- Manage gift entry procedures for donations received via checks, website, credit card, debit card, stock, and gifts in kind
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process with a maximum 7-day turn-around
- Responsible for year-end tax letter production
- Communicate with donors to resolve gift issues as needed
Ensure the quality of data in the database
- Develop data entry standards and procedures
- Input new and updated data in a timely fashion
- Review and reconcile gift data reports with Accounting
Manage Raiser's Edge database as a productive management tool for our constituent relationships
- Produce reports as requested, including: Financial dashboard, grant pipeline, donor management
- Enter actions for special donor thanks - emails or phone calls
- Research new RE modules, oversee implementation, and train staff in their use.
- Set up new users in RE, and train new staff member on its use.
Assist with donor mailings and emails
- Segment data as requested for donor mailings
- Perform mail merges and produce letters for smaller mailings, as well as oversee the process for envelope stuffing and mailing.
- Write/edit donor acknowledgement letters and other mailings
Related duties as identified in collaboration with or assigned by the president and CEO
Qualities of Donor Relations Officer
- Experience managing processes or systems and able to create pipelines for all major fundraising activities
- Experience and understanding of donor cultivation process
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Raiser's Edge experience (or experience with related platforms)
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- BA or BS from accredited college or university
- At least three years of experience in non-profit fundraising / development
Personal Qualities Desired:
- Strong Christian faith
- Interest in a career in fundraising, grant management, and development
- Team player
- Commitment to international development
It is the policy of Five Talents USA not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission and access to, or treatment or employment in its program or activities, as required by section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the American with Disabilities Act, as amended (to the extent applicable to the Ministry), Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, as amended, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, and their implementing regulations.
As a religious institution, Five Talents USA is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply, e-mail your resume, along with a cover letter highlighting your experience with donor relations and Raiser's Edge, to
. Candidates who are under consideration will be notified by October 15, 2014.